SUMMER OFFER Anglo-Saxon Seax Dagger "The Raven of Odin" / Norse Knife, Antlers Carved Handle (High Carbon Hand-Forged Steel Blade)
Odin's Raven Scramasax offered by European Algizrune Forge.
Unique Viking motifs Seax knife known as Anglo-Saxon type / Norse battle dagger is hand-forged from highly reliable high carbon steel.
The handle is hand-carved from moose antlers (Viking pattern with Raven)
Raven plays an important role in Norse mythology because crow is closely related to Odin. Raven is the holy bird around Odin. In Norse mythology, Huginn and Muninn are two ravens kept by Odin. The name Huggin means “idea” while Muninn means “memory’. Every morning they fly to the human world at dawn, and report back to Odin in the evening. They always rest at Odin’s shoulders and whisper to him. Therefore, Odin is also referred to as “the God of the raven”.
Viking seax knives were a type of single-edged knife that was popular among the Vikings and other Germanic tribes during the Viking Age (793-1066 CE). Here are some facts about Viking seax knives:
- The word "seax" comes from the Old English word "seax" or "sax," which means "knife" or "dagger."
- Viking seax knives were made from iron or steel.
- The blade of a Viking seax knife was often pattern-welded, which involved twisting and layering different types of metal together to create a distinctive pattern on the blade.
- Viking seax knives often had a simple wooden or bone handle, although some more elaborate examples had handles made from precious materials such as ivory or gold.
- Viking seax knives were versatile tools that could be used for a variety of tasks, from cutting food and leather to fighting in battle.
- Some Viking seax knives had a curved blade, which made them more effective for slashing attacks, while others had a straighter blade, which was better for thrusting and stabbing.
- Viking seax knives were often worn on a belt or hung from a strap on the wearer's waist, making them easy to access in case of an emergency.
Overall, Viking seax knives were an important tool and weapon for the Vikings and other Germanic tribes during the Viking Age. They were versatile, durable, and often beautifully crafted, making them an enduring symbol of Viking culture and craftsmanship.
Product Tags: Hand forged Viking historical arms: Viking battle knife, Viking Seax, Scramasax Long Viking Battle Knife, Vikings Forge, Viking Ironworks, Scandinavian historical cold steel, Viking Sword, Viking Axe, Viking Round Shield, Vikings Arms and Armour, Zoomorphic Motifs in Norse Art
#VikingSeax #HandForged #KnifeGift #VikingCulture #ForgedBlade #CustomGift #HandmadeKnife #HistoricalWeapon #MedievalKnife #UniqueGift #VikingHeritage #Bladesmithing #NorseCulture #CustomBlade #VikingStyle #FunctionalArt #SteelKnife #HandCrafted #HeritageGift #AncientWeapon #RusticGift #EtsyGift #GiftsForMen #GiftsForHim #CollectibleKnife #RuggedGift #SaxKnife